Services provided by Great Trips
As a Tour Operator we work with service providers across the UK to provide our customers with the best possible prices. This means that we work hard to seek out accommodation and transport providers with the best quality service at the best possible prices. Our research team travel the length and breadth of the country to experience first hand the attractions, find out just how far is walk from the train station to the hotel really is and find Britain’s hidden undiscovered hidden beauty.
We don’t have our own hotels and we work hard to agree contracts with excellent rates with a huge range of accommodation and service providers. This means your clients are not limited to one particular hotel chain or budget level on their tour. We find the best deals, the best customer service and build the relationships on your behalf.
Our customers range from individual travellers on a budget annual family tour to large MICE groups. We deal both with overseas agents and direct to customers so we have the flexibility to work in our own name (as Principle) or as an Undisclosed Agent on behalf of our overseas customers. We can provide anything from a self-guided itinerary on public transport to private group tour with expert guides, Tour Leaders and a complete meals package. Below is a list of the services we provide.
- Accommodation 3-5*
- Self-drive Car Hire (plus GPS)
- Private Driver Guided Tours
- Attractions tickets
- Meals packages (groups only)
- Tour Leader
- Professionally qualified guides (range of languages)
- Private mini-bus transport (small groups)
- Coach transport (larger groups)
- Public transport tickets (trains, coach, underground, ferry)
- Events tickets and packages (West End show, Premiership football etc)
- Guided Day tours with a group (minibus or coach)
- Translators and Foreign Speaking Guides
All of our customers are provided with a complete information pack containing everything required for what is often labelled a 'Self-guided tour'. Our information packs contain general information about the UK, maps, tickets, complete destination guides for all areas visited (click here for a sample), accommodation information sheets and vouchers, international telephone SIM card pack and anything else that our staff deem useful for that customer!
We always offer our best nett rates to agents. It goes without saying that as our businesses grow together these rates improve upon volume. As we are constantly buying in the services of accommodation providers, transport providers, attractions, single day coach tour companies and restaurants, we are not able to offer the same high rates of commission you might expect from some larger coach tour companies who offer packages using their own coaches and hotels. Our margins are slim as we strive to always provide you with the best possible price. By the end of 2012 we were able to make the majority of tours booked through Great Trips cheaper than if you were to book the individual elements yourself.
Why work with us?
- You can benefit from our in depth knowledge of local products, service quality
- We will negotiate rates on your behalf, saving you time, energy and resource.
- We can use our existing relationships with suppliers to provide a high quality and cost effective service you can rely upon.
- We produce detailed itinerary, information packs and complete destination guides for your customers so that you don’t have to.
Our commitment to you
- Open and regular communication with you throughout.
- Total flexibility with all your customers requirements.
- Individually tailored schedules and itineraries
- Assistance in handling emergencies and resolving problems as they arise including a 24 hour emergency line for travelling customers.
- Free quotes and itineraries for both FIT, Groups, Leisure and Corporate clients
- The best possible rates and all land tour elements while in the UK.
- Top quality service from a dedicated member of our team of experts.
- We will always do all we can to beat any like for like quotation